Dreamers for Hire: Shaira Luna
We all remember the cute kid talking about the cardiovascular system in the 1995 Promil
commercial showcasing genius children. Yup, Shaira Luna
is she. At 13, she was supposed to be the youngest doctor to ever be churned out by the De La Salle University
. However, fate took a sudden turn… or rather, a few turns. Like all young adolescents, she endeavored to pursue that which was set before her. But also, like all growing individuals, she found that it wasn’t really for her. Course hopping, she eventually dropped out of school
and pursued photography
. Although the pressure to succeed is phenomenal; especially after burning out, she has risen out of the ashes and at 25, is one of the most sought after celebrity/food photographers
is iconic in the sense that it’s cinematic and reminiscent of vintage-esque times and film noir. Shaira, being the accomplished, talented, and genius woman that she is, also used to host ABS-CBN
’s “Alas Singko y Media” show. She has produced segments for “Magandang Umaga Bayan,” and was DepEd
’s youth spokesperson and representative in 2003. Her impressive resume, undeniable talent, and charisma continue to make her a young entrepreneur
worth looking out for.
1. The hardest lesson I ever learned is to not be too trusting!
2. The best advice I can give is to always explore new possibilities.
3. My dream is to live a long, happy life with the people I love.
4. Everyone can criticize as long as they take a look at themselves too.
5. My “eureka” moment was when I learned I could get around on my own.
6. The best picture I've ever taken should be topped by or should inspire my next shoot.
7. What I do requires a strong body, fast thinking, willpower, diligence and a good sense of humor.
8. You go through clouds before sunshine. I happen to like the clouds, too.
9. I was raised to always keep my head or hands busy.
10. Is the truth always positive? Not all the time.
11. Passion is a politically correct word for a having a little “looniness.”
12. Success is a matter of perspective.
13. Be brave but be prepared, too.
15. Now I want to learn
how to dance ballet
but it's too late!
16. No regrets
buying that Lady Gaga concert ticket
. I should have watched again.
17. My favorite chill place is the grocery.
19. I still listen to the same old things I've always listened to - Fiona Apple, Dave Matthews, and a lot of old jazz songs, and more recently Florence + The Machine.